Tuesday, January 1, 2019

I square statistics

•Test of heterogeneity
I2 can be calculated from Cochrane Q according to the formula: 




•The percentage of the variability in effect estimates that is due to heterogeneity rather than sampling error (chance).

Any negative values of I2 are considered equal to 0, so that the range of I2 values is between 0% and 100%.
A meta-analysis with
I2= 0 means that all variability in effect size estimates is due to sampling error
I2= 50 means that half of the total variability among effect sizes is by true heterogeneity between studies

I2percentages of around 25% , 50% and 75% would mean low, medium, and high heterogeneity, respectively
Creative Commons License
PSM / COMMUNITY MEDICINE by Dr Abhishek Jaiswal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at learnpsm@blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at jaiswal.fph@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment